I built a full PySide2 menu that allows the selection and presentation of AISC steel properties and the calculation of ASCE wind loads.
- User supplied grade datum
- Any AISC shape
- Orientation of shape (B, width or D, depth)
- Property list for user selected shape
- Scaled diagram for certain shapes (W, S, M, HP, C, MC, WT, ST, and MT)
- Regex filtering of shape drop-down menu
- Fireproofing (beam type and column type)
- Additional user-specified factor
AISC has approximately 2000 shapes and a set of 89 properties for each of those shapes.
The ASCE wind calculations are exact; that is, the wind values are calculated using integrals rather than tables.